Do you have under-eye bags and dark circles that make you look tired all the time? Or even worse, like a racoon? You’re not alone. While there are many factors that can cause these issues, there are a few ways to eliminate them. Keep reading to find out how!
Before heading towards the tips to cope with eye bags, let’s find the root causes and how eye bags develop. Eye bags can occur due to various reasons:
- Age: With age, the skin loses its elasticity and muscles around your eyes weaken. This can cause the fat in the area to sag, creating eye bags.
- Allergies: Allergic reactions can cause the blood vessels around your eyes to swell and become irritated. This can lead to dark circles and eye bags.
- Dehydration: When your body is dehydrated, the skin around your eyes can become dry and wrinkled. This can make the appearance of eye bags worse.
- Fatigue: Not getting enough sleep can cause the tissues around your eyes to swell. This can lead to dark circles and under-eye bags.
- Genetics: If your parents or grandparents had under-eye bags, you might also be more likely to have them.
Now that we know what causes under-eye bags and dark circles, along with ways to prevent them (at least when it comes to dehydration), let’s talk about how to get rid of them.
To get rid of under-eye bags:
- Drink plenty of fluids and get enough sleep: This is a no-brainer. When you’re tired, your under-eye bags and dark circles will be more pronounced. So make sure to get plenty of rest and stay hydrated.
- Apply cold compresses to the eyes: This can help reduce inflammation and swelling. Apply a cold compress to the affected area for a few minutes daily.
- Use a light concealer to hide dark circles: This may be your best bet if you have hereditary dark circles. Apply a light-coloured concealer to the area and blend well.
- Use a highlighter on the inner corners of your eyes: This will help brighten up the area and make you look more awake. Apply a highlighter to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Get regular facials or use a home-based facial steamer: This will help keep your skin looking its best. You can use a home-based facial steamer if you don’t have time for a facial.
- Eat healthy foods and drink green tea: Eating healthy foods and drinking green tea can help improve the appearance of your skin. Green tea is especially beneficial because it contains antioxidants that can help protect your skin.
- Maple Holistics rosemary essential oil for dark circles: This is a natural remedy that can help reduce the appearance of dark circles.. However, just like with any other Maple Holistics essential oils, make sure to dilute it with water or a carrier oil as directly applying it may cause irritation.
Following these tips can help reduce the appearance of under-eye bags and dark circles. So don’t despair if you have them – there are ways to get rid of them which most importantly, work!