Everyone wants to enjoy a beautiful and sparkling smile. But what if you are not blessed with it naturally? Fret not! With advanced technology, you can achieve the smile of your dreams through a teeth-whitening procedure.
The family dentist in Rancho San Diego and El Cajon is well-equipped with state-of-the-art technology to provide teeth-whitening procedures. This helps to impart you with a sparkling smile.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening refers to a variety of processes that involve altering the shade of your natural teeth to make them whiter and brighter. Currently, there are several teeth whitening systems, such as at-home and in-office teeth whitening procedures.
However, care should be taken to get teeth whitening from an experienced dental specialist to prevent any unwanted complications. Dentists currently are opting for in-office teeth whitening systems.
Who needs teeth-whitening??
Teeth whitening is an effective treatment required by people with severe tooth stains. These could be extrinsic or intrinsic stains. The following conditions can lead to tooth discoloration:
- Aging which can expose the dark dentin underneath due to the wearing away of the enamel layer
- Increased exposure to fluoride (fluorosis)
- Dental trauma
- Smoking and tobacco use
- Root canal therapy
- Certain foods like cherries and berries
- Certain drinks like tea, coffee, or red wine
- Medications like tetracyclines, anti-histamines, or hypertensive drugs
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
In-office teeth whitening system is the most preferred type of whitening procedure due to the following benefits:
- The process is quick
- All the teeth can be treated simultaneously
- Provides long-lasting results
- Reduced tooth sensitivity
- A safe and effective procedure
- Helps to eliminate stains even from crowns, veneers, and other restorations
- The procedure is performed under the guidance of an experienced dental professional
- The bleaching agent is strong enough to achieve the desired results in minimum sessions
What does a teeth whitening procedure involve?
The in-office teeth whitening procedure is as follows:
- Your dentist will perform a deep scaling of your mouth to eliminate plaque and debris.
- You will be provided with special eyewear and a splash guard for protection from the halide light and bleaching agent, respectively.
- Your dentist will place a cheek retractor to expose your teeth.
- Your gums will be protected by a special paint to reduce sensitivity.
- The dentist will apply the whitening gel to the teeth.
- The halide light will be targeted to activate the gel.
- After 15 minutes, the gel will be removed from the mouth, and it will be rinsed thoroughly.
- The process will be repeated 3 to 4 times every 15 mins.
Teeth whitening procedures help provide the aesthetic smile that you have been desiring! A beautiful smile is essential since it helps boost your confidence and overall appearance in this image-conscious society.